10.05.2009

A Pastime of Mine

Thoughts and thoughts
and thinking spots
to think about thinking a lot
to think about how I'm really not
thinking about anything but thoughts.
though sometimes when responding ticks
to calling tocks
detracts my mind to think of clocks,
and how so locked
is the second had to create/erase
hours and days
'till the Duracell bunny's arm remains
raised
unable to drum away.
and thus dies the only scribe capable of
keeping track of breath and life
at least, that's what i think sometimes.

and sometimes i think musical thoughts,
and think that notes are trying to talk
or teach me how i ought to walk,
so grabbing my pen i start to jot
clefts and flats and random dots
but i can hardly understand these blots
of black ink slopped onto these crooked lines
barely showing any train of coherent thoughts.
yes, i see now! they're just not completely thought!
I will finish the next time i get off on this stop,
well, i think thats enough thinking on such a plot
I'll let you know when i finish- good day my blog.

6 comments:

  1. *sighs* More people who are good at writing in some way or other on blog.

    Really, I think the ratio of people who can write and the people who can't really ought to be evened out. : )



    No, really, that is awesome. : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Beth...

    Hum, I wonder if the pastime is thinking or writing poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking usually induces writing. a bit o' both i guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such an awesome poem =] that could be fun to put to music, if I was better at putting music to words than I am. lol

    ReplyDelete